About our blog

This blog began as an attempt to keep our family and friends included in the adventures of little Baby Blakely until he made his appearance in the world. Now, this has become a gathering place for all of our various adventures as we continue to enjoy time as a growing family.

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Breakfast Frisbees

There's a local diner in Farmville called Merk's Place that we love to go to! They have an especially delicious breakfast menu. This past weekend while family was in town for Noah's birthday, we made a trip to Merk's for breakfast.  On a menu that I've never seen changed the last four years, there was a new item listed this past week!! A breakfast frisbee! Basically it's a breakfast pizza on a tortilla.  Josh decided to get it and fell in love. So I wasn't surprised when he requested it on this week's menu plan. :)

Here's how I made it...

Preheat the oven to 425. While the oven is heating, scramble up some eggs. I used two for each tortilla (except mine, but I will get to that later). 


Spray some cooking spray on a cookie sheet and lay out your tortillas. 


Once the oven is heated, bake the tortillas for about 2-3 minutes...just until they start to bubble and begin to crisp up.  While they are baking, cook your scrambled eggs and cut up any other ingredients you want as toppings. I went with avocado and one of our first tomatoes from our garden!! Isn't it pretty? 





Top your heated tortillas with eggs, cheese and toppings according to taste.  I also sprinkled each with salt and pepper.  Josh only wanted egg and cheese (my plain jane), and I made an egg, cheese, avocado, and tomato for Noah.




For mine, I decided to try out a baked egg.  I sprinkled the tortilla with cheese then created "walls" around the sides with the tomatoes and avocados. I cracked the egg right in the middle of the "well" and put them all in the oven.  


I baked them for 6 minutes which was perfect for Josh's and Noah's Frisbees, but not quite long enough to set my egg.  So while I sliced and plated theirs, I put mine back in the oven on broil.



Turns out I left mine in a bit too long on broil and the edges got...well, let's just say they lot a little crispy.  Oops! It was still really delicious though! Josh loved it. Noah loved it. I loved it. This will definitely be a repeat recipe. 





Thanks for the inspiration Merk's! 

No comments:

Post a Comment