About our blog

This blog began as an attempt to keep our family and friends included in the adventures of little Baby Blakely until he made his appearance in the world. Now, this has become a gathering place for all of our various adventures as we continue to enjoy time as a growing family.

Saturday, August 16, 2014

What's For Dinner?

Noah isn't old enough to ask that question yet, which is great because I ask it of myself plenty enough!

Sundays tend to be our menu plan and grocery shopping days. So by the time I get to Saturday sometimes it's a rough go at figuring out what I'm making (especially if the menu plan has gone awry at some point in the week).  Add the fact that this is Josh's crazy week of training where he is not home for dinner any night and you have this momma searching for whatever can be fixed in the 10 minutes she can distract the almost two years old with an activity or project. 

So tonight I realized I had some produce I needed to use up before it goes bad. To be exact, I had kale, red and yellow bell peppers, a yellow squash from our garden and an onion! Sautéed veggies it was, along with some pierogis from the freezer! 

I heated about two tablespoons of olive oil in the pan and cut up all the veggies. I tossed everything in and sautéed with garlic powder, salt and pepper over medium high heat. 


Kale is one of my favorite leafy green veggies to cook with because it stands up to the heat. I hate how slimy greens like spinach can get when you cook them, but kale keeps it's bite even after sautéing.  

Boil and a quick sauté on some pierogis and dinner is served!!


What are your favorite quick and healthy meals to make? 


No comments:

Post a Comment