About our blog

This blog began as an attempt to keep our family and friends included in the adventures of little Baby Blakely until he made his appearance in the world. Now, this has become a gathering place for all of our various adventures as we continue to enjoy time as a growing family.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pavement 2, Blakelys 0

Well this is just not our week here in the Blakley household.  To add to our woes of a leaky roof, yesterday evening I was pushing a cranky toddler in the stroller and holding an excited dog on the leash at the same time, and as the cranky toddler screamed and the dog pulled me forward we hit a bump in the sidewalk in just the wrong angle causing my three month old iphone to be launched from the stroller and land perfectly screen down onto the pavement. Now it looks like this:




Just lovely.

Then I get a text from Noah's teacher at school today saying that the kiddos were riding bikes and were told not to go down the hill.  What does my adventurous risk taking child do? Yep. Down the hill he went, off the bike he went, and into the pavement his face went. And now he looks like this: 


Nice road rash, bud. Clearly the pavement wins this week's battles.

Then to top it all off, I came home to a dog crate full of puke and diarrhea. Penny has unexplained stomach issues. We have taken her to the vet several times and they can't figure it out.  She's on the most expensive grain free food. We don't give her anything but her food and one type of treat. And yet she develops an upset stomach once every few weeks. We love her. She is a fantastic dog. But I'm getting rrrrrrrreally sick of cleaning up poop. 

Yep, it's been one of those weeks. 

2 comments:

  1. Tell Noah we can compare bicycle scars. I was to not to go down a hill and wound up with 6 stitches and almost lost an eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh - so sorry. I'm sending all the good vibes I can to y'all!!

    ReplyDelete