About our blog

This blog began as an attempt to keep our family and friends included in the adventures of little Baby Blakely until he made his appearance in the world. Now, this has become a gathering place for all of our various adventures as we continue to enjoy time as a growing family.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

My son's arm is not your chew toy

Well, it was bound to happen eventually, I suppose. Noah got bit today by another kid at daycare.

Yup, another human bit him. I bet you thought I was going to say something about the dog snapping at him. Nope, a person.

It turns out, our daycare provider has a rule that the bitee's family does not get to know who the biter is. When Lyndsie told me that, my immediate reaction was, "what, do they think we are going to retaliate against a two year old?"

The sad truth is, someone out there would do exactly that.

Parents of the world, how about we agree to one thing: let's treat our kids and each other with respect? Accountability and discipline are, of course, necessary but let's keep the whole vibe supportive of one another. We're in a little club here parents, let's stand together and not make things harder on each other by forcing daycares to set up rules that prevent the flow of information.

Loyal readers - what rules have you gotten frustrated with in the past? Leave your thoughts in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. I get it, but sometimes I try to step back and think "What would that change if I knew who it was?" For me, at this point, it's nothing. It's not like Baby E is going to avoid so-and-so so he doesn't get bitten/sick/etc. anymore! :) Childcare is hard - nobody will ever do things as good as Mom and Dad, but we do what we can! - Linds

    ReplyDelete