About our blog

This blog began as an attempt to keep our family and friends included in the adventures of little Baby Blakely until he made his appearance in the world. Now, this has become a gathering place for all of our various adventures as we continue to enjoy time as a growing family.

Friday, July 25, 2014

Doing what I love

So as I type this, I'm sitting in our campus auditorium having just finished speaking to our final summer orientation for new students. Yesterday, I co-presented on Title IX investigations for four hours straight. This introvert is exhausted and worn out but also totally energized. I love presenting, public speaking, and educating.

It's sort of bizarre how I've found myself slipping into more and more large group presentation roles. Although I am hoping to increase this part of my professional identity, I haven't been actively marketing myself yet. I pray that I'll continue to be fortunate enough to continue getting opportunities to impact people. 

I just love what I do! What do you love to do? Let's have a little challenge loyal BB readers: leave a comment with what you love to do (and your name) and after 24 hours we'll randomly pick one for a prize! Happy commenting.

5 comments:

  1. Firstly - that Title IX stuff yesterday was madness, but you (and Jen!) were fantastic. Your passion is evident and you've got a great skill in presenting and educating! I hope your prayers continued to be answered and you get more opportunities for this.

    I think I can speak for both halves on Fit with Farrar on this one: our passion is helping people find their path with leading a healthy, balanced lifestyle. Every journey is different and we consider it a blessing to be a part of every single one! - Linds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome passion! Isn't it cool to get to do what you love? It doesn't feel like work if you love doing it. Keep positively impacting everyone around you!

      Delete
  2. My passion is also teaching people really cool things :) I began by teaching kids for four years and also taught some Sunday School classes. I then jumped into teaching adults...did an Adult Bible Study, taught adults about incorporating technology into their classrooms and life for four more years, and am now doing professional development and school health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great passion, Jen! You are so good at teaching so I'm not surprised that you love it. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for your comments. In this case, both Fit With Farrar (Lindsay) and Jen will get prizes for sharing your passions with us! Tell your friends about the blog, please!

    ReplyDelete