About our blog

This blog began as an attempt to keep our family and friends included in the adventures of little Baby Blakely until he made his appearance in the world. Now, this has become a gathering place for all of our various adventures as we continue to enjoy time as a growing family.

Monday, September 29, 2014

Monday Measurements & Milestones

I want to thank you all for your love and support with going public about my journey to a healthier me. The feedback I am receiving is amazing and so encouraging.  You have given me the courage to continue to write about my health and fitness!  I can only hope that my journey might encourage and inspire others as well.


Mondays are weigh in days in my challenge group.  So, today is the big day!  I always feel a mix of excitement and anxiety as I wake up each Monday morning, ready to face the scale and tape measure.  This morning I was beaming as I walked into the living room to tell Josh my results.

3.4 pounds and 1.75 inches LOST!

And with that, I have hit a new milestone.  I am 2. 2 pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight!  That means my current totals in 29 days are 9.8 pounds and 7 inches lost!  So exciting!!!  The goal I set for myself for this 60 day challenge was to lose 15 pounds.  I am moving closer and closer to achieving that goal.

The last several days I've been wearing clothes I haven't worn in several years, and I just feel more comfortable in my clothes in general.  It's like I have a whole new wardrobe.  I even have several things that are too big on me.  9.8 pounds isn't much, but it sure makes a difference in your clothing!

Here's a picture of me yesterday in a cardigan I probably haven't worn in 2 years:

I'm doing my best to eat clean, workout, plan ahead and stay motivated!  Thanks again for your encouragement.  

2 comments: