About our blog

This blog began as an attempt to keep our family and friends included in the adventures of little Baby Blakely until he made his appearance in the world. Now, this has become a gathering place for all of our various adventures as we continue to enjoy time as a growing family.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Today, I became THAT dad

Well, it has happened already. You might rightly wonder what it is that has happened. Allow me to paint a picture to illustrate the event:


Yesterday, I found myself walking across campus enjoying the beautiful sunny weather. As I was walking, I received a text message from the Mrs. that said the following, "BB is sucking his thumb this week!! And has little fingerprints and vocal chords and is starting to grow hair."

I was pretty excited to hear the latest updates on my soon-to-be child's development. Almost immediately after I read this text, I bumped into some RAs who congratulated me on the pregnancy. Little did they know, I was primed to brag about my child's new thumb sucking skill. I immediately began regaling them about all of the wonderful things happening in my wife's body. I realized after a five minute chat about in utero thumb sucking that these RAs may not want to hear about a supervisor's unborn child's development.

God help me, I was just so darn proud in that moment that my child was learning how to suck his or her thumb.

So yes, I'm now that (soon-to-be) dad that tells everyone around them the wonderful things their kid is doing. Get used to it folks, it's only going to get worse from here.

1 comment:

  1. Do you need a helicopter parent intervention already?? hehehe..Just kidding! This is so exciting! Love you guys and BB!

    ReplyDelete