About our blog

This blog began as an attempt to keep our family and friends included in the adventures of little Baby Blakely until he made his appearance in the world. Now, this has become a gathering place for all of our various adventures as we continue to enjoy time as a growing family.

Monday, October 20, 2014

An exciting announcement

Let me put my family's minds at ease right here and now, we are not announcing another pregnancy. Let me repeat: LYNDSIE IS NOT PREGNANT. To be clear, an announcement of this type would come after thorough notification of close friends, family, and coworkers. I am making a different very exciting announcement, though.



For a while now I've had it as a personal dream to become a professional public speaker. I enjoy being in front of crowds and really love the prospect of motivating or educating others. I've gotten the chance to speak on a variety of topics over the years and I think I make a decent showing at connecting with groups of various sizes. It seems at least one of my colleagues felt the same way too because she recommended me to a couple of speaking agencies after a talk I did back in August. I made reference to that talk in a previous post about doing what you love.

It seems that one of the speaking agencies enjoyed the recorded version of the speech enough to sign me on! I'm able to officially announce that I am working with The College Agency to bring the topic of sexual assault, sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, relationship violence, and other Title IX related offenses to college students wherever they will have me!

If you get a chance, check out my personalized speaker page here!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you, hubby! You are so great at what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing you put that disclaimer up front, because my brain definitely went there... Too bad. Nonetheless, this is very cool too, congrats Josh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is FANTASTIC and a perfect match! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete