About our blog

This blog began as an attempt to keep our family and friends included in the adventures of little Baby Blakely until he made his appearance in the world. Now, this has become a gathering place for all of our various adventures as we continue to enjoy time as a growing family.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Our Big Weekend & More

Last weekend was a big weekend for our soon to be family of three!  On Friday June 22nd I headed over to Roanoke for the 2012 Virginia Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church.  On Saturday, a bunch of family arrived in Roanoke as well.  We met up for dinner at a delicious restaurant before heading over to the Roanoke Civic Center for the "Service for the Ordering of Ministry."  This is the worship service where I was commissioned as a provisional Deacon in The United Methodist Church and officially became Reverend Lyndsie Nicole Kidd Blakely!!  Josh and Sylvia (my pastor) arrived just in time for the service after being at a wedding back in Farmville earlier that evening.  It was so wonderful to be able to celebrate with friends and family.  I'm so blessed to have a family that supports me in my calling to ministry!  Thank you to all who were able to be present with me at the service and for all those who have prayed for me throughout this journey.  It means so much to have your support!  And thankfully, my alb still fit over my BB bump...it's getting pretty tight though!




Being commissioned by the Bishop with Josh and Cindy Lee laying hands on me!


Cindy Lee was the Christian Education Director at my church when I was in middle and high school!

Clearly the shortest Blakely.  At least I will have the baby beat for a few years!

Me and Rev. Sylvia, the pastor at Farmville UMC.

Me, Chad and Anna with Rev. Rhonda who was my pastor growing up.



After Annual Conference, we all drove to Richmond where family had planned a baby shower for me and Josh!  We knew it was happening but didn't know any of the details other than the date and time.  It was all bee themed!  It was so wonderful, and so many people came to celebrate our bundle of joy with us.  It meant so much to us and we had a great time in fellowship with family and friends for the afternoon.























We stayed the night in Richmond and after having breakfast with Nanny, Chad and Anna came back to Farmville with us for a few days.  We had a great visit playing games, cooking on the grill, taking a pottery class at the new pottery studio in town "Mainly Clay," swimming in the pool, going to the movies, getting BB's room set up more, and taking some baby bump pictures around Longwood's campus!  And people say there is nothing to do in Farmville!  We can't wait for the next time we see Chad and Anna--when they come to meet BB!














This past Saturday our good friends Lindsey and Lisa threw us a baby shower with our Farmville friends!  It was planned as a cookout with a cornhole tournament, but it ended up being way too hot at temperatures over 100 to do anything outside.  But, it was really great to just spend time with friends away from work and other commitments for the evening!  We have such great friends!

Yesterday we had our first doctor's appointment at the hospital.  They are currently down to one doctor in the practice (they have hired a new doctor, but he doesn't start until August 1st) so the appointment took us 2 hours since Dr. Lucas is currently seeing all of the patients.  Otherwise it was good!  BB got a good check up.  My blood pressure was fine, but he wants to keep an eye on it since my feet are (and have been) swelling.  BB has moved into the correct position with head down, and Dr. Lucas says it's pretty rare that babies will change positions once they are in the third trimester.  Yay!  One really bizarre thing lately is that I can actually feel BB's body parts now when I touch my stomach.  After our appointment, I now know what I'm feeling as well.  BB's little booty is on my left side and a little knee is on my right.  Another new thing is we will now go to the doctor every two weeks instead of once a month.  BB's due date is only 8 weeks away from tomorrow!  Time has flown!  We still have a lot to get ready, and I'm trying to keep myself from getting overwhelmed!

No comments:

Post a Comment