About our blog

This blog began as an attempt to keep our family and friends included in the adventures of little Baby Blakely until he made his appearance in the world. Now, this has become a gathering place for all of our various adventures as we continue to enjoy time as a growing family.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

I know I'm a father when...

I know I’m a father…

…when I feel protective as a church member takes Noah out of my arms to hold him.

…when I don’t hesitate to catch Noah’s spit-up in my hand as it hurtles towards the nice church member’s wedding outfit.

…when I eat lunch at my desk so I can get out of work close to on time to rush home to see my little man.

…when I tear up at children’s Sabbath because I know the “hope for the future” the pastor is talking about is Noah.

…when I hop up at 4:45 am because Noah’s fussy and Lyndsie has declared, “It’s your turn.”

…when I find myself hanging on every coo and smile from the little guy.

…when I’ve shown my coworkers four hundred different photos of Noah all because they’ve asked me how he’s doing.

…when I struggle to identify which picture of him is my favorite.

…when I send pictures to everyone at a state-wide volunteer meeting that I’m remoting into.

…when my heart swells with pride as the people attending that meeting declare, “Oh my gosh, he does look like Josh!”


Yup, it looks like I’m a dad. Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment