About our blog

This blog began as an attempt to keep our family and friends included in the adventures of little Baby Blakely until he made his appearance in the world. Now, this has become a gathering place for all of our various adventures as we continue to enjoy time as a growing family.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Watermelon

So I have been craving watermelon for about 3 or 4 weeks now!  I've been hesitant to get any, however, because usually most of what you can find right now isn't good since watermelon is not in season.  Last night, though, Josh and I did our grocery shopping for the week and Kroger had the little sugar baby seedless watermelons.  It had gotten to the point where I didn't care if I was disappointed in the flavor.  I just had to have one.  As soon as we got home and put away the groceries, I cut into that sucker and proceeded to eat the entire thing!  While not the best watermelon I've ever had, it was pretty darn good!  And even though I ate the whole thing...I still want more.  I have a feeling I'm going to be eating a lot of watermelon this summer.





I had a minor freak out in my head on Monday.  Josh came home after a very long day of work (he is on duty this week) and handed me the mail.  Among the stack was our first issue of "Parenting" magazine.  I got a super reduced rate (something like $1 an issue) when Mom and Nanny took me shopping at Destination Maternity for some maternity clothes.  Actually having it come in the mail made me realize that while I've been thinking about what to do and not to do during pregnancy, I now need to start also thinking about what it means to be a mother and how to raise a child.  While I pray that I will be a good momma, it's slightly terrifying to know that another human being will be entrusted to my complete care.  You think you know a good amount about parenting just from babysitting and caring for other people's kids over time, but when I really start to think about it, I feel like I know so little.  Let's hope BB doesn't suffer too much at the hands of Josh and me doing a little trial-and-error parenting...because God knows there will be plenty of errors along the way.

I'm 19 weeks along today, but here are a few pictures of my 18 week baby bump.


1 comment:

  1. Kidd! You and Josh will be amazing parents!!! Your faith will support you as you figure it out together.


    Also, on a side note, I'm pretty sure even if absolutely perfect parents *DID* exist, their teenage child could still end up yelling "I hate you- you don't know anything!" at some point as the barricaded themselves in their room to ponder their teenage angst.

    ReplyDelete